Train Towards Success!
Our traineeship programme is perfect for someone who wants to gain valuable work experience whilst improving their key qualifications.
Designed specifically for 16 - 18 year old students, this six month course allows you to work with local companies in order to gain vital work-place skills, including the UK's biggest employer; the National Health Service (NHS).
We have teamed up with the Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust (HUTH) in order to offer an amazing work experience opportunity, where you can learn about all of the different jobs that are required to run a hospital. You will have the choice of different sectors to work in (such as administration, healthcare, client service and estates) where you will be based three days per week. For the remaining two days, you will spend time at HYA's training centre in order to develop your maths & English skills at either Functional Skill or GCSE level.
If you've already got your maths & English GCSEs, that's not an issue! You can use this time to study short courses around health care & customer services, in order to add more experience to your CV.
Looking for a different type of placement? HYA work with many local employers who all have their own active traineeship programmes. We often advertise our opportunities via our website, social media or on the Gov.uk 'Find a Traineeship' service.
We're now taking applications for our 2021/22 academic year.
You can apply through our website or contact us directly for more information. We arrange to meet you to fill out an application form and find out which course is most suited to you. There are no formal entry requirements.
See the flyer below for more information.
Benefits to our Traineeship Programme...
- A traineeship offers the best chance to get in-depth work experience, which is a vital part of what employers look for when recruiting for permenant jobs
- You will be assigned to a 'key tutor' who will arrange all of your in-house learning requirements.
- HYA Training are one of the only colleges that have their own 'Leaner Support Officer' - someone who will offer completely free and confidential advice & support to any of our learners.
- You may be entitled to financial help via a bursary!
- Our programme is inclusive to all, with no formal entry qualifications or skills required.
Click below to start your application!