HYA Training Limited have installed image-only CCTV surveillance cameras covering the outside of the building only.
CCTV has been installed by HYA Training Limited for the following purposes:
• To assist in the prevention and detection of crime,
• To facilitate the identification, apprehension and prosecution of offenders in relation to crime,
• To help ensure public safety,
• To provide and operate the system in a manner that is consistent with respect for individual’s privacy,
• To reduce the fear of crime and reassure learners, staff and visitors.
Presence of CCTV
The CCTV system is in operation throughout the year for 24 hours a day, learners, staff members and visitors are made aware of the presence of the system by appropriate signage.
To respect privacy the cameras do not focus on adjoining business premises, and cover HYA Training Limited’s entrance/exits, car parking area and the side of the building running alongside JR Lorimar only.
Recordings, storage and access
Images captured on cameras are recorded on a digital hard drive which is stored within the Operations Manager office. Access to reviewing recording is restricted to HYA Training Limited’s Managing Director and Operations Manager. Copies of images captured by CCTV will only be shared when required by law.
CCTV images falls within the scope of the Data Protection Act 1998 (amended 2018), all processing of CCTV images will comply with HYA Training Limited’s policy on Data Protection.
Unless required for evidential purposes or the investigation of crime or otherwise required by law, images will be retained for 30 days from the date of the recording, after which the system will automatically overwrite itself.
Requests from the Police or law enforcement agencies
Requests from the Police or other law enforcement agencies may arise for a number of purposes including:
• For the prevention or detection of a crime,
• For the apprehension or prosecution of offenders,
• For the purpose of, or in connection with any legal proceedings,
• For major incidents that may occur.
Guidance on how to deal with requests from the Police or law enforcement agencies
All requests from law enforcement agencies should be directed to HYA Training Limited’s Managing Director and in their absence the Operations Manager.
HYA Training Limited’s Managing Director is responsible for the operation of the CCTV system, any concerns in respect of the system’s use should be addressed to the Managing Director, using any of these methods –
• By telephone – 01482 211778
• By email – firstname.lastname@example.org
• By post – FOA Managing Director, HYA Training Limited, Hi-Tech House, Hi-Tech Park, Goulton Street, Hull, HU3 4DD.
In the absence of the Managing Director concerns in respect of the system should be addressed to the Operations Manager, using any of these methods –
• By telephone – 01482 211778
• By email – email@example.com
• By post – FAO Operations Manager, HYA Training Limited, Hi-Tech House, Hi-Tech Park, Goulton Street, Hull, HU3 4DD.
The impact and of the use of CCTV cameras will be reviewed on a yearly basis by the Operations Manager.